Recommendation of a professional on the use of the technology.
The CC Tracheostomy Cannula without cuff is indicated in patients with tracheostomy who have acquired autonomy in the management of the device by themselves or with their family help.
It is one of the cannula models used by outpatients. It facilitates maintenance of the patency of the cannula at all times. If a mucous plug forms, the inner cannula must be removed and the tracheostomy cannula is sufficient to temporarily maintain the functionality of the device (through the outer cannula).
The product is offered with:
– (2) inner cannulas so that the patient always has one in use and another clean for their substitution,
– (1) phonation valve, which, with its unidirectional mechanism, allows air to enter through the cannula during the inspiration phase of the respiratory cycle and prevents the escape of air during the expiratory phase.
Air that cannot escape through the distal end of the cannula is directed through the holes of the inner and outer cannulas, towards the cords vowels to produce phonation.
– (1) standard connector, which allows the connection of the tracheostomy tube to:
– manual or automatic mechanical ventilation devices (respirators),
– nebulization devices.
– (1) cough cap, used to prevent tracheo-bronchial secretions from being ejected during expiration or coughing spells.
– (1) velcro neck band (velour with velcro), made of material whose texture ensures a correct fixation of the cannula without risk of breaking the plate.